Why should I become a Flowetic instructor?
The life of a professional dancer can be really great but it can also be very difficult at times. You may find yourself having to do alternative jobs in between your professional dance work. Becoming a Flowetic instructor would give you the freedom to take control of your career whether you are in paid professional dance work or not. Be paid to teach and train at the same time. Enjoy the flexibility that teaching on your own terms can offer while also bringing in a steady income stream.
There are literally thousands of fitness classes in the industry designed to burn the most amount of calories in the least amount of time. Flowetic is not one of them. If your existing fitpro weekly timetable is filled to the brim with high impact classes that leave you permanently hungry, Flowetic could be the perfect antidote. Challenge yourself with a class that focuses on health, strength and wellbeing to a soundtrack of incredible music.
To read more about the Flowetic company ethos, head over to our Just Dance UK blog.
Do you own a dance school or do you run your own freelance fitness classes within your community? Are you looking to incorporate adult dance classes onto your timetable? Do you struggle with new choreography or are there simply not enough hours in the day? Do you waste hours trying to find new inspiring music to choreograph to? Flowetic would make a perfect addition to any existing dance-focussed timetable. Teaching Flowetic gives you the time to focus on the most important aspect of your job, your students.
Do I need to have any qualifications in order to become a Flowetic instructor?
Take a look at our Instructor Prerequisites page to find out whether you are eligible to become a Flowetic instructor.
Is there any pre-course learning required?
We require that learners complete an online theory assessment covering basic fitness training methods and basic principles of a fitness class. All of the information required to pass this assessment will be provided to you and we require each learner to achieve a 70% pass mark in order to continue on to the practical training. You have 3 attempts to pass this assessment and must wait 24 hours before each re-assessment. (Please note: you will be given the opportunity to declare any specific learning needs that may need to be addressed).
What happens on the Flowetic training day?
Our one-day Flowetic training course is designed to teach you everything you need to know in order to teach your first Flowetic class, and more importantly, to help you start your Flowetic journey as you mean to go on. Although it is not essential, if you can, it might be a good idea to attend a Flowetic class before your training in order to give you an idea of the structure and style of each class.
Is there a practical assessment?
We don’t want just anyone to become a Flowetic instructor. We want skilled professionals to help us build and maintain a top quality brand that will become synonymous with the very best fitness programmes. Because of this, at the end of your Flowetic training day, you will be assessed on part of a rehearsed Flowetic routine within a group. You will be given lots of guidance from your tutor throughout the day and will be given the listed assessment criteria so that you are aware of exactly what we are looking for and what is required to pass. In the event that you fail to adequately demonstrate one of the criteria listed, you may be offered the opportunity to be immediately reassessed following tutor feedback within the specific area that needs to be addressed. Remember, we want you to pass! We will do everything we can to help you achieve a pass result so, even at this stage, please feel free to contact us about anything you are unsure of.
What happens after I've passed the training day assessment?
Once you have passed your theory and practical assessments, you are then eligible to become a fully licensed Flowetic instructor. In order to teach classes within established fitness venues or conduct your own independent classes within your communities, you are required to join the Flowetic Instructor Network. The Flowetic Instructor Network is designed to give instructors support and guidance to keep progressing and moving forwards with the Flowetic programme.
Please note: You are not licensed to teach a Flowetic class without joining the Flowetic Instructor Network.
What does the Flowetic Instructor Network membership include?
- Licence to use the Flowetic name and logo
- Templates for you to personalise your own Flowetic marketing materials
- Promotion of your classes via the Flowetic website
- Access to all new music releases online. New music releases are provided 3 times per year and each music release contains:
- 10 new Flowetic programme tracks
- 2 stretch/relaxation track suggestions (You do not have to use these tracks but if you like them, you are very welcome to)
- Access to all new Flowetic choreography online:
- One new track available to view online every 2 weeks
- You will receive 30 Flowetic programme tracks per year (30 tracks equals a total of 60 weeks worth of brand new choreography for you to choose from every year!)
- You will also receive 6 cool down/relaxation tracks per year
- Monthly newsletters including ideas and opportunities to improve your classes
- Continual support, tips and guidance from the committed Flowetic team
How much does the Flowetic Network membership cost?
There are two payment options:
- £20.00 monthly payment - No contract so you can stop payment at any time but will no longer be licensed to teach Flowetic
- Annual fee of £216.00 (10% discount, annual payment works out at just £18.00 per month – please note, this method of payment is non-refundable and must be paid in advance)